The focus of attention in West Asia is on the Iraqi (and allied) assault on Mosul (Iraq) as well as the Syrian (and allied) assault on East Aleppo. Here are focused the eyes of the world, as it were. An 11 hour ceasefire is in effect in Aleppo, to allow aid and relief to get through the frontlines. The assault on Mosul is ongoing. It appears that ISIS has either formed a citadel in sections of the interior of Mosul or has done what it did in other major fights - disappeared into rural areas to regroup again elsewhere.
Less attention is on Yemen, wh
I was on Democracy Now! to talk about my new book (see below). This interview is available in many parts:
(1) Turkey's Offensive Against ISIS & Press Crackdown is Really Just War on Kurds, part 1.
(2) Turkey's Offensive Against ISIS & Press Crackdown is Really Just War on Kurds, Part 2.
(3) Regime Change in Libya Mirrors Iraq: Both Efforts Led to Failed States & Destabilized Region
(4) Yemen & Palestine: Vijay Prashad on the Two "Ruthless" Bombing Campaigns
(5) Hillary Clinton Shows Dangerous Tendency to Go to War No Matter the Consequences
(6) India's Crackdown in Kashmir